For me, all year long is margarita season but especially so, in the summer. This watermelon margarita is a real crowd pleaser even for those weirdos that don’t like margaritas. So weird, right? I don’t get it.
I love experimenting with margaritas using fresh fruits and juices. This watermelon margarita is light and refreshing and made from scratch. No super sugary bottled mixes for this one. I made the watermelon juice by blending melon chunks in a food processor until smooth and straining through a sieve.
You can rim the glass with salt or sugar and garnish with a piece of watermelon and a lime wedge. I used silver tequila for this but you can use any tequila you like. Also, if you like your margaritas blended, combine all ingredients, including ice, in a blender and blend until thick and smooth, adding more ice if needed. I, personally, don’t like brain freeze so I like mine on the rocks.
- 1 1/2 oz silver tequila
- 1 oz triple sec
- 3 oz watermelon juice (see below)
- 1 1/2 oz lime juice, fresh squeezed please
- 2-3 tsp agave
- To make watermelon juice, place watermelon slices in a food processor or blender and blend until there are no more chunks. Strain through a sieve, pressing pulp with a spoon if necessary. Discard any pulp left in sieve.
- Fill a cocktail glass with ice and combine all ingredients, stir. Garnish with a lime wedge and slice of watermelon.
- Optional: Rim glass with salt or sugar.