I’m really excited to be sharing this recipe. We both agree that without question, we could live off of chips and salsa. Well maybe throw in a brownie every once in a while, but you get what I mean. And with all of our get togethers and weekly Mexican themed dinners, it only makes sense to have our very own go-to salsa.
There are so many different types of salsa (obviously) and everyone has their own that they like. Luckily we both like the same kind. Not super chunky. Not ketchup-y (you know what kind I’m talking about) And not too hot. We got the thumbs up from our peeps and are excited to share it. Hope you likey!
- 2 tomatoes (roasted)
- 1 1/2 cloves of garlic
- 1 small jalapeno
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 cans of Rotel (diced tomatoes and green chilies)
- 1 can (10 ounce) stewed tomatoes with the juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- Broil the 2 fresh tomatoes for about 8 minutes to roast.
- Once roasted, add tomatoes to food processor.
- Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until desired consistency (about 10 pulses).
- Refrigerate for an hour before serving.
- This was the perfect amount of spice for us, but add as little or as much jalapeno as you like for the desired "heat".
- By Delectable Darlings