Every year, we look forward to the day a certain coffee house brings back their Pumpkin Spice Latté. It didn’t happen soon enough for us this year though so we took matters into our own hands and we made our own.
This recipe makes a big batch that will last you a week. Assuming you don’t drink several a day. In that case, go ahead and double it.
Enjoy your latté iced or hot!
- 2 cups milk
- 4 Tbsp pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- espresso or brewed coffee
- In a saucepan, combine milk, pumpkin puree and sugar. Cook on low heat, stirring until the sugar and pumpkin are dissolved, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk until foamy, about 45 seconds.
- Pour pumpkin spice mixture into your cup about 2/3 to 3/4 full. Top with espresso or coffee.
- To served iced: Allow coffee and pumpkin mixture to cool (you could place it in the refrigerator for a few minutes to speed it up). Fill cup with ice before making your drink.
- Refrigerate leftover pumpkin spice mixture to use for future drinks. Serve straight from the refrigerator or heat in the microwave or stovetop.