If you’ve never had pesto ranch dressing, you’re missin’ out! Nichelle made this yummy “better for you” ranch where she used Greek yogurt instead of mayo. It was so good! It’s just the packet of ranch salad dressing mix, and you add milk and Greek yogurt. It’s all over pinterest right now. So we used that and added some pesto to it and voilà, pesto ranch!
We both love pasta salad and usually make the traditional one with Italian dressing and olives and what not, but we wanted to switch it up a little. This is super easy to make and the cool thing about pasta salad is you can pretty much add whatever you like to it. We used fresh basil, mozzarella cheese, grape tomatoes and olives and it was delish!!!
- 1 Bag of rotelle pasta
- 1/2 Packet of ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt**
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 Tbs. pesto, we used classico
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 3 String cheese sticks sliced into 1/4 inch disks
- Cook pasta according to directions on package. (We recommend cooking it longer than al dente. You want soft noodles for pasta salad)
- While pasta is cooking, prepare your ranch. In a medium bowl, mix the milk, Greek yogurt** and dry ranch dressing mix until well combined. Add the pesto to the ranch and stir. Check the flavor. If you want it more pesto-y, add more!
- When pasta is done cooking, strain it and run cold water over the noodles to cool them off.
- Add pasta to large bowl and add 3/4 cup of the dressing.
- Add the remaining 4 ingredients and chill in the fridge for a least an hour before serving.
- After pasta has chilled in the fridge, add remaining 1/4 cup of the dressing*.
- *The noodles tend to soak up the dressing after it chills in the fridge, so you will want to have a little extra.
- ** You can substitute mayonnaise for Greek yogurt