Egg salad seems like a staple in most households. Everyone has had it at one time or another. When we asked people how they made it, almost everyone did it the same way: eggs, mayo, mustard, celery and spices.
We wanted something different. Something more. And we think we found it! We taste tested this mixture three times and everyone loved it! It’s a definite winner.
Makes about 2 cups
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup celery, diced
- 1/8 cup green onions, sliced
- 2 1/2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place the eggs in a single layer in a heavy saucepan and cover with cold water by at least one inch. Leaving the pot uncovered, turn the heat to high. When water begins to boil, cover and remove from heat.
- Allow to sit for 12 minutes. After 12 minutes, transfer eggs to a bowl of ice water for a few minutes before peeling and chopping.
- Add eggs and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl and stir to combine. Refrigerate.