This overnight egg casserole was a huge hit for our brunch guests. It made a lot more than we needed so everyone wanted to take leftovers.
You can put it together the night before and then in the morning just pop it in the oven. It is so flavorful and really hits the spot.
Combine the hash browns, cooked sausage, cooked bacon, green peppers, only half of the cheese and the green onions in a large bowl. Once it’s mixed well, transfer it into a greased baking dish. We used a 13X9 and it was perfect.
You can use the same bowl you used for all that stuff to combine the milk, eggs, biscuit mix and salt. Whisk it together well. Then pour it over the top of your bacon and sausage mixture.
Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and cover and refrigerate overnight or until you are ready to bake.
When you are ready, bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes or until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean.
After feeding 6 adults and two babies, this is what was left over. But…we also had cinnamon rolls, our french toast casserole, chilaquiles and fresh fruit too.
- 1 lb pork breakfast sausage, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 package bacon strips, cooked and crumbled (about 6 or 7 pieces)
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash browns
- 1 medium green pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups, shredded cheddar cheese, divided in half
- 1 cup, biscuit mix (like Bisquick)
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a large bowl, combine hash browns, sausage, bacon, green pepper, 1 1/4 cups of cheese and the onions. Transfer to a greased 13×9 baking dish.
- In another bowl, combine milk, eggs, biscuit mix and salt. Whisk together well and pour over top of baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 375 for 35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the middle comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.