No-Bake cheesecake is my favorite! I made a regular cheesecake once, about 7 years ago. It was delicious but it looked like hell. The top was cracked and the middle was a bit sunken. The water bath was a pain in the booty. It was one of my first attempts at baking from scratch and boy, was I ambitious. I hadn’t made another cheesecake since, until now. I really really love cheesecake but I don’t love baking them. They freak me out! So, this no-bake cheesecake really calmed my nerves.
This recipe requires the use of gelatin to suspend the cream cheese mixture much like baking does. It turned out so perfect! I used peanut butter Oreo cookies for the crust. I just can’t even describe the perfectness of this little baby! It’s perfect. It was light and creamy and easy to cut! My husband, who says he doesn’t like cheesecake, ate an entire piece and liked it! It was so easy to make and it needs to be refrigerated for several hours before serving so you could make this way ahead of time if you need to. It’s good by itself but you could add a little drizzle of chocolate sauce or caramel sauce or even use a different kind of cookie crust! OMG, the possibilities! I’d love to hear how you like it and if you changed the crust. Tell me! Tell me!…in the comments. 🙂 Sorry, I’m just so excited about this no-bake cheesecake…did I mention it’s no-bake? I think I’ll go eat some more. Please enjoy these pictures of delectable perfection.
- 2 (8oz) blocks Philadelphia cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp hot water
- 1 packet gelatine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 15 Oreo cookies (I used the peanut butter ones!)
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- chocolate or caramel sauce to garnish (optional)
- Butter the sides only of a 9" springform pan. Set aside. In a food processor, process Oreo's until small crumbs. Add butter and process until well combined. The crumbs will be moist and stick together. Press crumb mixture firmly into the bottom of the springform pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, combine gelatine and hot water in a microwave safe bowl. Stir and dissolve gelatine. If needed, microwave in 20 second intervals, whisking until dissolved. Set aside.
- In the food processor, combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until creamy. With processor on, slowly pour in gelatin and then heavy cream. Process until light and smooth.
- Pour mixture over crust and lightly tap on counter to release air bubbles. Refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours before serving.
- Optional: Drizzle chocolate or caramel sauce over cheesecake slices when serving.