It seems as if everyone has a go-to chocolate chip cookie recipe. It’s a good, traditional cookie that everyone enjoys. You can find them at almost every holiday get-together. Your grandmothers are the best. Your mothers are the best. Your great aunt Bertie’s are the best. Now, it’s time for you to have the best.
These are so delectable because they are different. Just a little tweak to the major components of the traditional chocolate chip cookie recipe and it transforms the ordinary into extraordinary!
To get started on your soon-to-be best chocolate chip cookies, cream together your butter and sugars until light in color and somewhat fluffy. It will look like this…
Add your egg and 2 tsp of Kahlua and beat in.
Add the rest of the ingredients except for the chocolate chips; flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Mix well. Last, add the chocolate chips until well distributed throughout the dough. We used Ghirardelli chocolate chips this time, which are bigger than normal chips, so we chopped them up.
Using a cookie scoop, or a tablespoon, drop rounds of dough onto a cookie sheet. These cookies don’t spread out a lot so you can place them 1.5 inches apart. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes but no more than 10.
When the edges or tops just begin to get golden is when you want to take them out. We baked these for 9 minutes. See the little golden spots?
And a little closer…
Let them sit on the cookie sheet for 7-10 minutes before moving them to a rack to cool completely.
These cookies are so full of flavor and so moist, unlike many chocolate chip cookies. Bring these to your next get-together and they will for sure be a hit. We can’t tell you how many times we get asked for the recipe for these. We were reluctant to spill our secret but you deserve some delicious cookies!
Est. Time: 10 minutes to prep/20 minutes to bake two sheets
Makes: 2 dozen cookies
- 3/4 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cups light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp Kahlua
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup Ghirardelli bittersweet chocolate chips, chopped (heaping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and Kahlua.
- Add flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough onto cookie sheets using a cookie scoop or tablespoon. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until they are just barely starting to get golden spots. Do not cook longer than 10 minutes. Let cool on sheet for 7 minutes, then move to wire racks until completely cool.