This is almost as easy to make as opening a jar of sauce but so much better. It takes less than 10 minutes, it’s rich and creamy and a perfect compliment to your favorite pasta. The best part is, it’s completely homemade! You may never buy a jar of alfredo sauce again.
Makes about 1 1/2 cups
- 4 Tbsp (1 stick) butter
- 1 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp cold water
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Slowly whisk in the heavy cream. Cook, over medium heat until simmering.
- Combine the cornstarch and cold water in a small bowl or cup, whisk into the cream mixture.
- Cook, whisking constantly, until sauce thickens, 2 -3 minutes.
- Take off heat, and whisk in the Parmesan cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.