This is a breakfast favorite in our house. Mostly because it’s simple to make, not a lot of ingredients and it’s just so delicious. Once it’s out of the oven it deflates quickly so you might as well have the forks ready and dig in right away. When I feed it to my young’uns, I let it cool for a little bit before slicing it like a pie for them.
You could top this yummy pancake with fresh fruit or maple syrup or stick to butter and powdered sugar like us. No matter what you put on top, it’s a simple & delicious breakfast you’ll want to make again and again.
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, plus 1 Tbsp butter, room temperature for topping
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a cast iron skillet, melt 2 Tbsp of butter oven medium heat. Set aside.
- In a blender, combine eggs, milk, flour, salt, vanilla, sugar and lemon juice about 1 minute.
- Pour batter into skillet and bake until puffed and lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
- Take pancake out of oven and dot all over with remaining butter. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve immediately.