I made these last week and thought they were amazing. I felt a little biased so I waited for my husband to try them before I felt confident enough to post them. His response, with mouth full, “These are bomb!”. I know that term isn’t exactly widely used anymore but I’m sure you remember what it means. So here you go!
Store these cookies in the refrigerator just like you would a cheesecake. Serve them straight out of the fridge, cold. They seriously are so bomb! The cream cheese makes these so moist and perfectly creamy yet not too soft. It’s pure perfection.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt: set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together butter, sugar, brown sugar, and cream cheese until combined. Add the egg and vanilla, mix well.
- Add, in three separate batches, the flour mixture to the cream cheese mixture, mixing until combined after each addition.
- Add the dark chocolate chips and mix in with a wooden spoon. (do not use your mixer for this! It will be too thick and you don't want to risk burning up the motor.)
- Scoop by rounded tablespoons onto parchment or silicon lined baking sheets. Bake for 9-10 minutes, until the edges look set and begin to get lightly golden spots.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 7-10 minutes before moving to wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.