We are huge fans of the Crock-Pot. It cooks the meal for you. How can you not love it? Also, it’s almost impossible to overcook something. It’s genius.
When we were looking for recipes for pork spare ribs, all we could really find were BBQ recipes. Well, we didn’t want BBQ ribs! So we tried something new and it turned out so good! We made Asian style ribs using Hoisin sauce as a base. The flavors are phenomenal! After cooking for 9 hours, the meat was incredibly tender and juicy; it just fell away from the bone. It was delectable!
Don’t expect to be able to pick up each rib from the crock pot the same way as you put them in. They will just fall apart!
- 4 Tbsp Hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp grated orange peel
- 2 Tbsp ginger
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 tsp Sriracha hot chili sauce
- 3 lbs pork spare ribs (a.k.a. country style ribs)
- In a bowl, combine Hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, orange peel, ginger, garlic, about 3/4 of the green onions and Sriracha.
- Spoon enough of the mixture into the crock pot to cover the bottom. Top with half of the spare ribs.
- Spoon some more of the mixture over the spare ribs. Top with the rest of the spare ribs. Spoon the remaining mixture on top of those spare ribs.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Serve over a bed of Jasmine rice and sprinkle with reserved green onions.