Another one of our favorite kind of meals…an easy one! Done in the crock pot with little effort and wonderful results.
Here’s what you’ll need…
Chicken thighs are great because the meat is very juicy, there’s a lot of it and they are cheap!
Coat them well all over with salt & pepper and crushed red pepper flakes.
Cover the bottom of the crock pot with the jerk marinade. This stuff is so insanely good. Lawry’s is the only brand we will use.
Arrange the chicken thighs in the bottom of the pot.
Cover the thighs with some more of the jerk marinade. You may or may not use the entire bottle. It’s up to you.
Finally, cover with a hand full of green onions. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
When they are done, they’ll look like this.
Grab a fork and remove the bone and start shredding the meat.
Fill a torilla and top with cheese or any other taco fixin’s you like.
- 1 – 2 lbs chicken thighs
- 2/3 bottle Lawry’s Caribbean Jerk Marinade
- 2-3 Tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- salt & pepper
- Place chicken thighs on a flat surface, such as a cutting board and sprinkle with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes on both sides.
- Cover bottom of pot with marinade. Arrange chicken in bottom of pot. Cover chicken with remaining marinade.
- Sprinkle green onions over chicken. Cover and cook, on low, for 8 – 10 hours.
- Remove bone from chicken and shred meat with a fork.