Ok, so we have to start out by saying that this amazing dressing has been in both our families since the 80’s. We just sort of grew up on it. The recipe is similar to a dressing we get at our favorite Italian restaurant. Not sure what our G-ma’s did to get it, but we don’t ask questions. We’re just happy to have it.
This dressing is extremely unique because it uses gelatin and the consistency is..well, jello-y. Don’t let that scare you. It’s seriously to die for. We use it for salads (duh) but also for dipping pizza, breadsticks, crackers and veggies. You could probably dip a roach in it and it would be good. Ew Jk, but seriously you must try this!
- 1 quart of mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 can of beef consume
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 4 dashes of Worcestershire
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 packet Knox gelatin
- In a large bowl, whisk all the ingredients (except the gelatin) until combined.
- In a separate bowl, dissolve the gelatin in 1/4 cup of hot water. Stir very well until there are no lumps.
- Add the gelatin mixture to the mayo mixture and combine.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours