Two of my favorite drinks are Champagne…because I’m fancy…and margaritas! Champagne margaritas had to be born!
This drink was my BFF Kristen’s idea. It’s about the classiest margarita I’ve ever had. It combines both Champagne and tequila! Those two didn’t seem like a great combination to me. I thought it would be awful. I was wrong and it was delicious and we kept drinking them until we ran out of limes…..
Champagne Margaritas are a fun and fancy twist on a classic margarita. The flavor combination is really unique.. Zesty lime, bubbly champagne and smooth white tequila somehow go perfectly together. It’s important to use white (or blanco) tequila in these Champagne Margaritas. White tequila is unaged and stored for a short period of time in stainless barrels instead of oak so it doesn’t take on an woody flavors. If you try this with regular tequila, let me know how it tastes!
- 5 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 oz white tequila
- 2 oz Triple Sec
- 6 oz champagne/sparkling wine
- additional sugar and lime wedges for garnish
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add lime juice, sugar, tequila and triple sec. Shake, shake, shake.
- Add champagne and shake very gently a couple of times.
- Add additional sugar to a shallow dish. Wet rims of glasses with a lime wedge and dip in sugar to coat rim.
- Pour contents of shaker into glasses. Enjoy!