Breakfast isn’t something a lot of us know, thanks to busy mornings. There isn’t always time to make something let alone sit and eat it. These breakfast muffins can be made on Sunday and then all you need to do is pop them in the microwave, grab ’em and go! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day so don’t skip it! I know, that’s easier said than done but we just made a weeks worth of breakfast easy.
You can fill muffin tins with just about anything that pairs well with eggs. We used sausage, bacon, spinach and potatoes. You could use turkey bacon, ham, chorizo, the list is endless! They can become any breakfast you want. When you are done making them, store them in the refrigerator. In the morning, take one out, microwave for 30 seconds and you are good to go.
We would love to hear how you customized these for your morning meal. Let us know in the comments and we will add them here for others to try.
- 7 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup frozen breakfast potatoes
- 2-3 Tbsp frozen spinach
- 1/4 cup breakfast sausage, cooked and chopped
- 1/4 cup bacon, cooked and chopped
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray muffin tin well with non-stick coating.
- Divide potatoes, spinach, sausage and bacon evenly among muffin tins; filling to no more than half full.
- Season eggs with salt & pepper and pour over fillings, stopping at least 1/4" from top. Lightly toss the mixture with a fork to ensure egg coats everything.
- Bake 20-22 minutes or until knife inserted in middle comes out clean (minus a few filling crumbs).
- Fillings can easily be switched out for your other favorites: ham, turkey bacon, turkey sausage, onions, bell pepper, even cheese!