This is a great way to enjoy eggplant Parmesan and save some extra calories. We baked the eggplant instead of frying it but you wouldn’t know the difference! It’s delicioso! Baked eggplant Parmesan has turned into a weekly dish for us. It’s so good but still allows us to stay under our calorie goals in MyFitnessPal. That makes us happy….we can splurge on dessert!
- Baked Eggplant Parmesan2013-10-22 23:26:02Serves 4Write a reviewPrep Time10 minCook Time40 minTotal Time50 minPrep Time10 minCook Time40 minTotal Time50 minIngredients
- 1 eggplant
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Italian style bread crumbs
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400°. Slice eggplant into 1/4" slices.
- Dredge slices in egg and then bread crumbs and line them up on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes per side until slightly golden.
- Pour half the marinara sauce into a baking dish. Layer eggplant slices in dish on top of sauce.
- Top with remaining marinara sauce, mozzarella and cheddar cheese. Sprinkle Parmesan on top.
- Reduce oven to 350° and bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbly.