These are always a fan favorite at every get together. I got the idea from my mother-in-law who got it from her sister. They made them for my baby shower and nearly every person asked for the recipe. I assemble them a little differently but all the ingredients are exactly the same. The brown sugar compliments the saltiness of the Little Smokie and the bacon and makes these little appetizers a crowd pleaser. Bacon wrapped anything is pretty much always a big hit. They are so easy to make so you can make enough for an army with little effort.
If you want to save time before a big get-together, you can make these the day before and store them in the refrigerator until you are ready to bake.
- 1 package Little Smokies sausages
- 2lbs bacon
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cover a metal baking pan with foil to make clean up easy. Place a wire rack over the foil and coat with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Cut bacon into thirds using kitchen shears or a sharp knife. Add brown sugar to a shallow bowl or pie dish.
- Dip bacon into brown sugar, lightly coating each side. Wrap around a Little Smokie. Place on wire rack and repeat with the rest.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until bacon is crispy. Turn oven to broil and continue cooking for 1 minute or until desired crispiness. Keep your eye on them so they don't burn.
- If you find the bacon won't stay wrapped around the Smokie, you can secure with a toothpick. Soak toothpicks in a bowl of water for several minutes before using. This helps prevents them from burning while baking.